Trekking in the mountains is an adventure that requires a lot of preparation and essentials to make the adventure enjoyable. Where ever you go for a trekking adventure, you certainly need to be well prepared beforehand. Good preparation for the trek lessens the risk of getting in trouble when you are in the remote mountains. One of the many questions people ask us is packing list for Everest Base Camp Trek in Nepal. You should also know what to pack when you go on an adventure trekking trip in the mountains.
Knowing the essentials to go in the packing list for Everest base camp trek certainly keeps you on the safer side of the adventure. From proper trekking boots to the warm cap, you will need certain equipment during your trekking adventure to the Everest base camp. We have listed the essential things that you will need to carry when you go on a trekking trip. Although we have prepared this list for the Everest base camp trek, it works almost for any trekking adventure in the mountains.
Essentials to go in the packing list for Everest Base Camp Trek
Before you go on the actual adventure walk to the Everest Base Camp, you need to enter Nepal. Once you land at the Tribhuvan International Airport and go through the immigration, you will go on the process of getting a visa if you haven’t already got it in your country. For the visa purpose, you will need the following documents.
- Valid Passport
- Passport size photos (2 + copies)
- Cash in hand (USD 25/40/100 for 15/30/90 days respectively)
Once you enter the country after getting a visa at the airport, you are now ready for the actual trekking adventure to the Everest base camp. You will need the following equipment to make your adventure trekking trip a beautiful memory.
- Duffel bag or Rucksack for the trek
- Daypack (25-30 liters)
- Sleeping bag (-20 above)
- Down Jacket (-20 above)
- Sweat T-shirts and Shirts
- Base layer or thermal inner-wears
- Warm layer, woolen sweater, fleece or jacket
- Down jacket
- Fleece wind-stopper jacket or pullover
- Casual clothing
- Trekking Pants
- Cotton Pants
- Inner wears
- Instant hand warmers (optional)
- Running shoes
- Broken in Trekking Boot
- Gaiter (seasonal): To keep snow, mud, dust, and rocks out of your hiking boots
- Trekking Socks
- Hat or bandana
- Warm woolen cap
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Headlamp with extra batteries and bulbs
- Neck warmer and Ear Muffs (optional)
- Towel, toothpaste, brush (preferably biodegradable)
- Multipurpose soap or hand wash
- Face and body moisturizer
- Nail clippers
- Wet wipes
- Tissue/toilet roll
- Sunscreen (SPF 40 recommended)
- Lip balm (SPF 20 recommended)
- Adjustable trekking poles
- Reading materials, Pen and pencil, journal & notebooks, binoculars, Travel map or guide book
- Sleeping bag liner
- Water bladder with drinking tube
- Luggage locks
- Plastic garbage bags, refillable water bottles
- Water purification tablets or Polar-pure crystals
- Pocket knife or small Swiss Army type
Having these basic essentials with you on your backpack tells you that you are ready for the adventure with proper packing. However, packing list for Everest Base Camp Trek is not only limited to the items listed above. You can carry other stuff that you think you will need in the mountains. The trek is multiple days walking adventure so you will certainly need things that help you enjoy the trek without much to worry about.
Now, knowing the list of the essentials you will need on the trek, you are all set to go for the adventure and enjoy the experience.
If you need any more information, please do let us know. We will get back to you with answers to your questions.